- 1 Can I play with the same account on the PC and mobile versions?
- 2 I created an account years ago, how can I retrieve it?
- 3 I bought the old premium version of the game, why is there some features still locked?
- 4 Will the premium features be unlocked on Android if I buy the game on Steam or itch.io?
- 5 Will I get the game on Steam/itch.io/iOS if I buy the premium features on Android?
- 6 What are the in-game credits for?
- 7 What are the in-app purchases for?
- 8 What's the difference between the Steam/itch/iOS and Android versions?
- 9 I bought the PC version on itch, how can I update the game version?
- 10 Where are the Optimization Pack DLC files?
- 11 Will the game be available in my native language?
- 12 Why don't you make bot parts customizable?
- 13 Can I write some code instead of using the AI editor?
- 14 How can I test the latest dev version?
- 15 The game crashes/won't start/launch (PC)
- 16 I have another question!
Can I play with the same account on the PC and mobile versions?
Yes, simply connect with the same player name on both platforms.
You'll be asked for your account name the first time you enter multiplayer mode. You can also do it via the Settings(top right cog wheel icon)/Account menu.
You should be asked for a security code that you will find in the settings menu on your first install or you will receive by e-mail if you specified your address.
I created an account years ago, how can I retrieve it?
If you specified your account email address, simply connect with your account name, you should get a security code by e-mail.
If you didn't specify your account email address, please contact me at email@example.com and give me your account name and the e-mail address you want it to be associated with.
I bought the old premium version of the game, why is there some features still locked?
The old premium purchases have been converted to a 5000 credits bonus + private matches + sandbox mode. You'll have to unlock the new features with another purchase.
Will the premium features be unlocked on Android if I buy the game on Steam or itch.io?
Yes, provided you use the same account on all platforms (see the question above).
Will I get the game on Steam/itch.io/iOS if I buy the premium features on Android?
No, but you can unlock the paid features on Android by buying the game on another platform (see the question above).
What are the in-game credits for?
Credits are used to unlock new skin colors, patterns and textures. They are only for cosmetic stuff, no pay to win!
You can earn them by completing campaign chapters, leveling up in multiplayer or get promoted to a higher league in ranked multiplayer.
You can also buy the Steam DLC that comes with a big pack of credits or use in-app purchases on Android.
What are the in-app purchases for?
The in-app purchases allow you to buy in-game credits that you can use to unlock new skins for your robots.
They are optional, purely cosmetic and don't give any gameplay advantages.
What's the difference between the Steam/itch/iOS and Android versions?
The Android version has several features locked by default:
- sandbox mode
- private matches
- freeplay (unranked) matches
- player stats
- campaign chapters above 1 (in all modes)
You can unlock them by buying them, either one by one or the full pack.
The Android version IS NOT pay to win! Consider it as a demo ;)
Also the desktop (PC/Mac/Linux) version has better graphics and a more comfortable user experience.
I bought the PC version on itch, how can I update the game version?
If you created an itch account when you bought the game, go to https://itch.io/my-purchases, click on the Gladiabots "Download" button.
If not, check out this page: https://itch.io/docs/buying/already-bought
The easiest way to keep your game up to date is to install the itch app, it works like steam: https://itch.io/app
Where are the Optimization Pack DLC files?
In the game installation folder.
For most people it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Gladiabots.
Will the game be available in my native language?
The community is helping me translate the game in several languages.
If you want to help translate it in your own native language, please send me a email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why don't you make bot parts customizable?
I tested it during alpha and the game quickly turned into a composition battle instead of an AI battle.
So I rolled back on this to keep the focus on the strategic AI programming part.
Can I write some code instead of using the AI editor?
Not planned, sorry. I'm rather trying to make a strategy game (using programming) than a pure programming game.
Plus, if you consider that each node can have several parents, the code would look like assembly with a gotos all over the place.
There's a lot of great programming games out there.
Check out Screeps, LeekWars or Human Resource Machine just to name a few.
How can I test the latest dev version?
To get the latest dev version:
- On Steam: switch to the "latest-dev-version" branch as shown here: https://i.imgur.com/vPQKu9o
- On itch: download the "latest dev version" as shown here: https://i.imgur.com/y68MvPw
- On Android: join the beta program at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.GFX47.Gladiabots
- On iOS: join the tester group via TestFlight at https://testflight.apple.com/join/PozXgrxv
The game crashes/won't start/launch (PC)
Here's a list of the softwares that are known to cause this kind of problem:
- MSI Afterburner
Try to kill them before launching the game.
I have another question!
Thank you! <3